Thursday, March 15, 2012

Day 144

Start: 4:42am
Weather: Cold, Icy and Clear
Time/Distance/Pace: 1:01:58 - 4 miles - 15:29
RunKeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/cadebro/activity/75531307


Thoughts: My left Achilles has been giving me a hard time. It only pinches a little during long runs, but it's been "creaking" during the day. Besides being annoying, it worries me that it may lead to something worse if I don't take care of it. From what I've read most people suggest taking 2 weeks off running, but at this point I can't afford to do that. My miles are really ramping up and if I skip two weeks I will not be able to complete the runs the following week and would probably injure myself. So, I've added some stretches for my Achilles as well as eccentric heel raises and icing twice a day. I also walked these four miles instead of running. I'm hoping that the four days off from running will be enough to prevent injury from my 15 miler on Saturday. Good news though, my Brooks Green Silence showed up today. Oh, and 300 miles total training distance!


Total Training Distance: 300.15 miles
Total Training Time: 2D 4:23:26

No comments:

Post a Comment