Saturday, November 12, 2011

Day 020

Start: 6:47am
Weather: Cool, Breezy and Clear
Time/Distance/Pace: 29:50 - 3 miles - 9:57
RunKeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/cadebro/activity/59598218


Thoughts: One male mallard duck, two seagulls, one dog, one crow and two vehicles. That is all that I saw during my morning run around the island. It was clear and sunny and quiet. Again my left knee and hip bothered me before and after my run. I think it may be my iliobial-band. From a little bit of reading it sounds like the soreness comes from poor alignment caused by weak hips and weak feet (apparently knee issues are rarely caused by the knee, but from weakness surrounding the knee). For this and my runner's knee I'm going to try adding balancing on one foot, one-leg step-ups, one-legged squats, low-box step-ups and some core exercises. I will most likely do these on days that I do short runs. Hopefully the pain will go down as I strengthen my body.

Total Training Distance: 28.09 miles
Total Training Time: 0D 4:31:37

No comments:

Post a Comment