Sunday, May 20, 2012

Sugarloaf Marathon

Start: 7:00am
Weather: Clear and Hot
Time/Distance/Pace: 5:30:05 - 26.2 miles - 12:36
RunKeeper: http://runkeeper.com/user/cadebro/activity/89557992


Thoughts: I had three goals heading into the marathon: complete it, go the entire time without stopping to walk, and finishing in under 5 hours. I accomplished the first one. The temperature was in the low 80s and the course followed the sunny side of ME 27. I made it to mile 17 fine, running a 10:30 pace, but at that point my feet, ankles, shins, knees and back started hurting. All of the small issues I had during training came to a culmination at that point. From mile 20 on I struggled; running until it hurt too much, walking until I felt I could run again. My brother met me at about 25.5 miles and ran with me the rest of the way. It was a pretty great moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment